Existing Member?

Away somewhere nice...

All Blacks vs Scotland

UNITED KINGDOM | Friday, 21 September 2007 | Views [350]

So got the tickets (yay!!), kathy booked us the bus, tillas provided the accomodation - we were all set! With some prior warning from fellow travellers about the lovely megabus we had booked - braced ourselves for a lovely night! Got on bus at 10.30pm, and many hours of uncomfortable-semi-sleep, rattling bus, gross toilet, later, we arrived in Edinburgh at bout 7.30 sat morning! Man what a mission - anyone thinking of doing megabus, DONT!!! no matter what kathy and lawrence say! Tillas met us there with his beautiful hungoer self, a dumpage of bags at his flat, we began out 2hour walking mission around edinburgh. Tillas - primo tour guide - kept us entertained and showed us all the sites. Really nice city, small and clean and bloody castles in the middle of it! That day consisted of lots of sport - 20/20 cricket on, world cup rugby, bit of NPC - all lead to a few drinks and then down to the pub. Me being completly shattered from our excellent bus ride, was not up for too much carnage but managed to last the night out!

Saturday was amazing - never have i seen so many kiwis all geared up to watch the all blacks. If only it was like this in NZ - so much pride and black everywhere! was so cool!! We had a hell feed in the morning and a whole crew of us joined the crowds meandering down the street to murrayfield, great times!! Stadiums great, can see from anywhere, watched a pretty shit arse game, but great atmosphere! Poor scots - felt sorry for them not scoring, got over it pretty quickly tho!!

Headed back to flat after the game for a few before we had to jump back on the bus again!! Gotta love it - apparently im young and can do this shit!! Another overnighter - got back to london in time to go to work that morning! Excellent! Brilliant weekend - good catch ups all round!

Tags: Culture

 
 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.