Existing Member?

How to spend your redundancy settlement

Punta del Diablo

UNITED KINGDOM | Wednesday, 13 October 2010 | Views [353]

The bus to Montevideo was easy and once I arrived I booked on to another bus to Punta del Diablo. I ended up getting to Punta del Diablo quite late but was met by Daniel a rep from one of the hostels. I was later to find out that it was the only hostel open in the off season. After checking in I headed downstairs to the restaurant for dinner.

When I got down there I heard English being spoken by a group so asked to join them. I met an Canadian couple, an Australian couple and a single Australian girl. They were all really nice and we all had a good chat over dinner and a few drinks.

The following morning I met Brian (owner of the hostel) who told me about the charity that the hostel runs, helping local people set up businesses. He also told me how he ran school classes and other initatives in the town to try and help the locals as this is a very remote beach town.

After dinner Kate (the single aussie girl) and I went for a walk down the beach. It was a really nice walk and good to feel the sand between my toes again. For the rest of the day I chilled and read on the hotel decking looking out to sea. In the evening we sat around watching films and I cooked myself a nice veggie pasta that ended up making 4 meals.

The following day I chilled out again around the hostel and beach and managed to finish "The girl who kicked the hornets nest". Everyone should read this series, it's really good. In the evening we watched a Bio pic about The Doors and Allice in Wonderland.

Unfortunatley I had to leave the following day as there is no cash machine in the village. II got up early and watched the sea for 45 min's until I had to go to the bus stop. I first got a bus to Montevideo and then a connecting bus to Colonia. Once in Colonia I jumped n my boat to BA. On arrival in BA i walked to the hostel that I had left my bag in only to find that it was full. This meant that I was walking arround BA at 11:00pm looking for a hostel with space. Luckily the first one I tried did have space and I took their final bed.

About dan_powell


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.