Existing Member?

How to spend your redundancy settlement

Iguaçu Falls

UNITED KINGDOM | Wednesday, 15 September 2010 | Views [194]

My bus got to Foz do Iguaçu early in the morning. As soon as I arrived i jumped on a couple of public buses to the Brazilian side of the falls. On my way i met a guy form Singapore called Teick and we hung around together at the falls. The falls are amazing and on the Brazilian side you get good panoramic views of the falls as a group. The falls are like those at Niagra (as in a group) compared to Angel (One big fall) they are however much bigger than Niagra. You also get to walk out on one of the falls in the 'Devils Throat' and obveously you get very wet.

after visiting the falls I headed towards Argentina. I had lost my entry card to Brazil so had been worrying for ages about leaving the country and any issues that my arrise. I nedent have givven it a second thought as the customs officials couldn´t have cared less.

After nevigating the border and entering Argentina I headed for Puerto Iguasu to find a hostel. The hostel i found had been highly reccomended and i could see why it was lovely. after a much needed shower i was able to relax.

I met Anna and Julian a pair of Germans who were staying in my room. We went for a bit of a walk around the town and bumped into Merick and Lisa who i have met in lodsa places on my trip. We arranged to meet up again tomorrow and go to the Argentinian side of the falls.

That evening i went out with the American guy from my room for stirfry, beer and the inevitable G&T´s.

The next day i met Merick and Lisa at the bus station and went with them to the falls. The Argentinian side is amazing and about 200x better than the Brazilian side (not that the Brazilian side is bad). We had such a good day walking around the falls. every corner you go around reveals a better and better view culminating with a platform directly on top of the middle of the devils throat. AMAZING !!!!!

That evening we went to a restaurant that had been reccommended and met up with Phoebie and Drew who we met in Ilha Grande, an Aussie Father and son and a couple from Ireland. We had the best steak ever and thats me writing after being here for 2 weeks. it was AMAZING!!! so all in all a pretty AMAZING day.

The following day was spent arranging my ticket to Salta (24 hour bus NICE) and then going for a walk with an Irish guy i met and grabbing a beer or 3. I also bumped into Amy and Pranella who were on my truck around Peru.

That evening i chilled in the hostel with teh Irish guy and had some dinner. We also tryed a local delicasy that some guys were cooking. You get the skin from the side of a cow and salt it. You then put it on the BBQ untill its crispy. Once its crispy you use it as a pizza base and voila. Pizza. Its a taste that i can understand why it hasnt ´taken over the world. Its chewwy beyond belief and pretty nasty. Italians out there your safe.

The next day i got up and jumped on my lovely bus to Salta.

About dan_powell


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.