Existing Member?

How to spend your redundancy settlement

Machu Picchu - The lost city of the Incas

UNITED KINGDOM | Friday, 13 August 2010 | Views [191]

Just to start off this place is amazing if you get the opportunity to go do its incredible.

This place really is in the middle of knowhere. its no supprise that it was lost for soo many years. appart from the road taking you to the site its in the middle of the jungle. Once we arrived our guide from the Inac Trail "Smithy" ,he is peruvian honest, walked us around the site fro 2 hours. I wont even bother trying to write what this place is like as its just beyond my abillity. either visit or ask me when i get back its awsome. After the tour me and ryan decided to hike up to the Sun Gate. This is where the classic Inca Trail enters Machu Picchu and is perfectly in line with the Winter Equinox and Machu Picchu. The views from up here are really good and well worth the 1.5 hour round trip. After hiking back we got a bus to Machu Picchu town and got some food and beers with the rest of the group. In the evening we got the train back to Ollyantambo and tehn the bus back to Cusco. Once we arrived back in Cusco we all handed our acrid laundry in to the hotel and hit the hay.

About dan_powell


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.