Existing Member?

Experiences in Asia

Promoted

JAPAN | Wednesday, 21 March 2007 | Views [1452] | Comments [3]

The building where I work....

So over the past month or so I have had a series of interviews down at head office to become an "ISL" manager, or Instructor Support Leader at the company where I work. Now, I didn't want to say too much in case of failure. Well, after 4 interviews (the last of which was pretty stressful) I got word from my present boss that my application had been successful, and that I got the position. No more teaching for me!

Now, from the beginning April I will embark on a month of training, learning about the joy of instructor management, client satisfaction, booth efficiency(?) and general "managerial" like escapades. I was told at the interview that there will be a lot of hands on learning at the studio, and I am ready for this new challenge. The best point is that I am staying around where I live, which is great as it is only 10 minutes from home- there was serious talk of travelling....

Well, I only got the nod today, so things are still a little in the air- when I know more.....

And to this weekend, I am going to Kyoto! Finally, a post about culture coming up!

Tags: Work

Comments

1

Dan,
Well done, congratulations!
have fun in Kyoto (an anagram of Tokyo, I don't suppose they have anagrams in Japanese).
What will be your day to day work if you are not teaching?

Cheers,
Martin

  Martin Moorehead Mar 23, 2007 5:02 AM

2

Hey,Dan
I am happy to know that you are doing pretty well in Japan. Your life is full of surprises for you can face up to the challenges.May you succeed.
Cherry

  Cherry Mar 23, 2007 3:05 PM

3

Martin,
Thanks for the note- I was very suprised to hear that I had been successful in my application- I have received a huge package today from HR telling me what I have to do to prepare- the biggest problem at the moment is getting a "stamp", which acts as your signature- I have to get it made (designing a gliph, probably my name is a circle) then registered at the county hall- I could get away with it as a visiting worker, but full time is a different thing- bothersome!

Indeed I won't be teaching- my job is teacher and studio management, doing schedules, client satisfaction, and, to be honest, a million and one things that I don't know about yet- I begin training on the 2nd- I am quite pleased with the package offered though, the medical and travel allowance in itself is pleasing.....

Cherry- nice to hear from you!! Are you still in NEUSOFT? Let me know what you are up to.....

  Dan Mar 24, 2007 7:27 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Japan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.