Existing Member?

Experiences in Asia

Back in the UK

UNITED KINGDOM | Tuesday, 30 January 2007 | Views [1391] | Comments [1]

Me and my brother, John, advertising his new business.

Me and my brother, John, advertising his new business.

A different entry and 20 hours of plane flights later, you find me here, at home where it all started in Flintshire, Wales, United Kingdom. Firstly, thanks to all my Japanese friends who game me presents to give to my family- I am sure that you will all get gifts of equal measure in return. The flight over was uneventful, if tiring. This was not helped by the party Anders and I had on the Friday, which culminated in karaoke with some people we had met in the bar- thanks very much! we got back at 4am, I took a shower then basically took the train to Narita airport.

After transferring at Seoul, Korea, I got on the long flight to London. I had a four hour wait at London for my flight to Manchester, but this was no problem as I was meeting my Uncle, Martin and his son, Liam. Liam had made a sign with a Japanese flag bearing my name on it, which was a great touch! It was really nice to see the two of them and to catch up, although due to a slight delay we only had an hour or so...

I was met in Manchester by my mom and brother, and after welcomes we drove home. I am still getting used to our "new" house - my father has built an addition to the house, so it is all very new. I'll take some pictures later on......

So this is a picture of my brother, John (26) and me, advertising his new business. When I left England a few years ago, he was working for a furniture business which was slowly going bankrupt- he was a little worried about what he was going to do, and he knew he had to re-train. He decided to train as a driving instructor, which involved a lot of blood, sweat and tears. He worked for a company for a year or so after getting his license, but now he is "going solo"- As his brother I am quite proud of him, and I really hope that he is successful- he is working hard promoting his business at the moment, designing advertisements and building his profile- Good luck!

And so, to the next 10 days- I'll be meeting friends and family, heading to Manchester and Liverpool, plus some others, and I'll be taking my camera with me- stay tuned.....

Tags: Family

Comments

1

Hi mate i did not get your email address before you went back

  Stephen Moorehead Feb 16, 2007 2:39 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.