Existing Member?

And they're off..... Who's up for a little trip....

Our last 3 days....

USA | Tuesday, 17 November 2009 | Views [482]

So, unbelievably, our 5 months away on this amazing trip is at its end... We are spending the last few days in beautiful Santa Monica, where the weather is now stunning.. The three of us are staying just metres from the beautiful pier at a little travelodge, its perfect!

So what would you do in your final days you ask..... Make the most of it, live it up, see everything etc etc etc.... Well, almost, we did for the first day at least LOL It was a beautiful sunday morning, so after breakfast we headed to the pier and walked along enjoying every moment.. We did get the chance to get a little snappy happy :)

Timing is on our side as colocated here at the pier is Cirque de Soleil - preforming Kooza... So after purchasing three tickets we had a quick lunch and were seated for the 1pm show. It was an adrenaline rush of acrobatics in a zany kingdom... The clowns were brilliant, the acrobatics insane - it was magical...

After the show we watched a beautiful sunset then headed to Yankee Doodles for some fine Budweisers... It was on, there were pool tables in front and after a few refreshing beers the competitive spirit was off and racing... It was a great night, I left the boys to party hard as it was Pats last night in LA. I am not sure what time they got home but it was a big night... The next morning was Pat's last day here, and aside from getting out of bed to head to the nearest Maccas, there was little movement from him or Dan LOL. So what could be better than fly a 13 hour flight home with a severe hangover....

It's Tuesday and Dan and my last day in LA, and of this trip!!!! It has flown by so so quickly - really! We woke up early to a beautiful calefornian day and decided that it was time to do what every LA resident does, so we hired rollerblads, prayed that we wouldn't hurt ourselves and were off...

There were no great falls, brakes or bleeding so a very successful day!

It was brilliant and we were fine after a few testy minutes getting familiar with the blades again LOL...

So, at 10pm tonight we board our flight for Sydney... Lots of mixed emotions but as the saying goes, all good things come to an end...

 

Rollerblading LA style

Rollerblading LA style

 
 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.