Existing Member?

And they're off..... Who's up for a little trip....

Heading Sth down the Californian Coast

USA | Thursday, 5 November 2009 | Views [335]

We are now the proud owners of a Dodge Charger (only for two weeks but it is ours!)..

The plan.... Simple.... Take Hwy 1 south along the coast from San Francisco to Los Angeles....

It was great fun driving again after not being behind the wheel for 4.5 months.... and the right hand side drive, well what can I say, Dan was a natural and I, well, only had to be reminded a few times to keep to the right hand side of the road (it was in a quiet street – safe as LOL) But the best part about the car – absolute freedom, no more buses, metros, planes, trains or taxi's – Its brilliant! So, after our last breaky in San Fran we were off with our first stop being the beautiful coastal town of Santa Cruz!

The town is beautiful, and the views, spectacular!

We were lucky enough to arrive when the O'Neill Cold Water surfing Classic was happening so we were able to watch some great professional surfing – Ahh California!

We spent two nights here, relaxing, walking through the headlands and enjoying some great fresh local seafood... Tough living again LOL

Santa Cruz beach

Santa Cruz beach

 
 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.