Existing Member?

And they're off..... Who's up for a little trip....

New York

USA | Thursday, 1 October 2009 | Views [331]

Hello New York! We arrived, we experienced, we love and we want to stay! It truly is the most amazing city! Everything from Times Square, Central Park, Little Italy to the starbucks on every Block! And to top it off we are staying in the most amazing hotel only 250m from Times Square situated on West 46th between Broadway and 8th! Superb!

It is so modern and has a brilliant fitness centre (I cannot believe how unfit I am after only 3 months...) On our first night in New York we were a little exhausted (considering the time difference and jet lag we weren't surprised) so we decided to have a quiet night and visited Americas signature restaurant for dinner – MacDonald's!!! (It's not too bad as I only had a salad LOL). The next morning after an early start with an amazing Starbucks breakfast in Times Square we were off for our 2nd day in New York...

With a heavy dose of caffeine we were set and headed Nth through the amazing Manhattan streets to Central Park.

This park is simply huge, spectacular and absolutely buzzing with activity from the New Yorkers out for their daily runs to the thousands of Squirrels foraging for nuts... We walked through this amazing park and then decided to check out the expensive apartment buildings on 5th Ave, Lexington Ave and Park lane... We also popped in to the famous Bloomingdales shopping centre but unfortunately as backpackers were only browsing Ha! It is the 1st of October and Dan and my 1 year anniversary, how sweet! So following a busy day of site seeing we had a lovely romantic candle lit Italian dinner... The next morning – After an extremely early start of 5am (thanks to the time difference our body clocks have not adjusted to) we made the most of the day! We started with an amazing coffee (of course) and then headed down Broadway to the Empire State Building...

After almost no wait at all and parting with $40 US we climbed the 86 floors to the observation deck...

Unfortunately the skies were a little foggy and cloudy but the views were still spectacular!

We then had time to check out the largest shopping mall in the world... Macy's... We had a quick stop off at Maddison Square Garden arena were we were lucky enough to secure 2 tickets to tomorrow nights Rangers Vs Senators ice hockey game (for only $390US!!!) From here we walked 30 blocks (so much walking!) through Greenwich Village and Soho through to Little Italy were we stopped off for some Pizza... So tasty and so so greesy!

With food for fuel we walked through China Town to the financial district passing the fabulous Justice building, town hall to Ground Zero where the twin towers used to stand..

We then headed back down Broadway to Wall St where we walked past the American stock exchange...

As we had walked for hours already we decided to go a little further and ventured to the southern tip of Manhattan where we got our first glimpse of The statue of liberty.. It was beautiful...

It was an amazingly full day of site seeing and there is still so much more to see in this amazing city!!!


New York

New York

 
 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.