Existing Member?

And they're off..... Who's up for a little trip....

A Prague Experience

CZECH REPUBLIC | Thursday, 24 September 2009 | Views [374]

After an amazing 12 days in beautiful Poland we had to repack the backpacks and move again as the mighty Oktoberfest was calling us... Instead of booking a one way direct ticket to Munich we decided that we couldn't visit Europe without a short stop over in amazing city of Prague... This town has it all, energy, history, the old meeting the new, food and the most important – Delicious beer!

On our first day in this magical capital we headed out on foot through the aged cobbled streets to the old town square (which is home to the Tyn Church and the Astronomical Clock).

We then crossed the Vltara river with the most famous Prague tourist attraction this city has to offer in our sites..... Gloria Jeans coffee..... Ok, ok, but seriously, this place was situated at the steps of the Prague Castle... It was a sign from above!!!! Ok, we did get a little distracted on the was to the famous Prague Castle but as I have mentioned before in my stories, I am a huge coffee addict so seeing my favorite coffee place was like a dream come true... (Seriously it has been like 3 weeks since my last GJ's coffee!!! Starbucks just doesn't cut the mustard....) Ok, back to our adventures... So as you will guess, after an amazing coffee we headed up the hill to the impressively large and beautiful Prague Castle.....

There was so much to see and do but the most impressive was the amazing church...

After a lot of walking we stopped off at a great little Pizzeria and were re-energiesd passing by the beautiful St. Nicholas Church back across the Vltava again but this time over the famous Charges Bridge....

We had still a little walking in us so headed SE to the main street of Vaclavske Namesti where we sunk our teeth into the best street food (char grilled chicken) and helped in down with Pragues most famous beer... It was a really tough day so we took a brake and went to the cinema and saw the film 9 in English which was really nice!!!! But we had one last stop in us today and that was at the Powder Tower –

This tower is really something and a great monument to help you get orientated when you are feeling lost...

Prague at night

Prague at night

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Czech Republic

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.