Existing Member?

And they're off..... Who's up for a little trip....

When in the land of the Pharaohs.

EGYPT | Sunday, 30 August 2009 | Views [695] | Comments [1]

We arrived in Egypt to a not so nice taxi experience that Dan and I would rather forget – Nothing outrageous but these guys will try anything to rip off foreign travelers... One funny thing to tell is our travel documents stated that our Cairo hotel was in the nice area of the city... When we were dropped off in front of our hotel we were a little confused as there was nothing nice about it or the surrounding area... Thats right, we are in the 3rd world again :) After the longest pre-departure meeting in the history of meetings we were a little sad to find that we were joining a group that have already been together for 5 weeks... So as you can imagine the group dynamic is completely different..

Day 1 of our Egypt tour was incredible – We began the morning by meeting our travel companions for the day – our Camels!

I was on Mickey Mouse who was really cute however I think he was the gassiest animal I have ever met... I was embarrassed for both of us as he passed wind every other minute... Dan's Camel was the most relaxed and docile camel in existence...

So once we were comfortable and settled we headed off with the destination of the great pyramids of Giza and the Sphinx... The pyramids were built in 2700 B.C. and of the 100+ pyramids in Egypt, the pyramids of Giza are the most famous.

Situated next to the pyramid of Khufu (Cheops) is the beautiful sphinx who I loved so much that I had to kiss LOL...

So we decided to do the real tourist thing and take many photos...

We will be finishing this amazing day with a 15 hour overnight train journey Sth to the city of Aswan.... Should be fun (but uncomfortable and sleepless!)


Us at the Pyramids

Us at the Pyramids

 

Comments

1

that is so fricken cool

  pat Sep 15, 2009 4:58 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Egypt

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.