Existing Member?

And they're off..... Who's up for a little trip....

Beautiful Greece and its islands

GREECE | Saturday, 22 August 2009 | Views [3307] | Comments [1]

So we were back on the bus again next stop was to be Corfu... We had an overnight ferry to the magical island (our first night sleep in a bed since the beginning of this contiki) were we were treated to tallies of Beer and a magnificent sun set on the back deck!

In the morning we arrived in Greece's 5th largest island – the beautiful Corfu.... We were given the heads up for communication in Greek, its not as easy as you would think – to say yes is Ne (“Ni”) or you shake your head... To say No you say Okhi (“Okay”) and nod your head... So as you can imagine communication was a little tricky to say the least but just apart of the fun LOL There was not much planned for the next three days other than beach and ultimate relaxation...

We did however manage to treat ourselves to a traditional Greek meal at a restaurant where plates were thrown, the floor was set on fire, we were given shots of ouzo and more food than you could possibly imagine...

This was a little too touristy for Dan and I and the organisers were all about audience participation which we were not really in the mood for but we had a good night anyway...

On our third and final day in Corfu we were to spend the day on the famous Georges Boat.. This is a contiki tradition and let me tell you George was everything I had imagined,.. He was large, merry, about 60, hairy and quite flirty with the girls..

We started the cruise with George making hilarious jokes to liven the group before we enjoyed various water sports... I jumped on a banana with the girls and was thrown off into the amazingly clear sea a few too many times than I would have liked but it was great.. The boys then decided to have a go and let me tell you they were a lot more violent that the girls but no injuries were had and it was all in good fun...

We were then back on the boat for a massive and delicious lunch before we were dropped off at Skinny Dippy Island (aka hanky panky or jiggy jiggy island ).. We had lots of fun, great drinks, great swims, dived into the amazing waters from the boat and much too much food with so so many laughs.. It was a great great day... We had a few hours to kill before we were off again for a toga party with the other contiki groups... It was also hilarious fun and finished up what was a long and eventful day... We are both almost at the point of exhaustion with this non stop pace however we have one more massive travel day tomorrow (13 hours on a ferry then bus) until we arrive in Athens for our last two nights on the tour..


Dan and Georges boat

Dan and Georges boat

Comments

1

Hey looks like both of you are having a sweet time OS. Dan a bit of a heads up Titans are still 3rd on the ladder and will be in the finals, Collingwood are in the finals lost the first game against St Kilda but still have 2nd chance game this weekend. Olivia is looking more and more beautiful as the days go on, she seems to be crying less and laughing more.Hope all is well. Be good to hear from yous soon.

  Alistair and Lisa Sep 8, 2009 6:14 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Greece

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.