Existing Member?

And they're off..... Who's up for a little trip....

Paris to Spain!

SPAIN | Saturday, 8 August 2009 | Views [387]

We crossed the border into Spain and after 12 hours on a bus arrived in Barcelona. Today the SCOTs (serious couples on tour) ventured into the city where we began with a walk down the famous La Rumba road.

Unfortunately everything is closed on Sundays (our only day here!) but there was still lots to see and do. There are so many street performers along the way including life statues, weird paella men and even an Alien for good measure..

After an amazing Tapas lunch we headed for the main beach in Barcelona were we sunbaked, drank wine and swam in the beautiful Mediterranean sea... Its a terribly tough life to live!

After hours of lazing in the sun we met the group and went to see a traditional flamenco dance where Dan was pulled up on stage for a dance off with a Spanish dancer, he did great and I was in tears with laughter.. He's a brave man indeed! After the dances and a few glasses of sangria were finished we all went out and had Paella for dinner – which was absolutely delicious! Tomorrow we are heading back to France to the French Riviera.


Incredible church

Incredible church

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.