Existing Member?

And they're off..... Who's up for a little trip....

Romancing it up in Paris

FRANCE | Thursday, 6 August 2009 | Views [557] | Comments [4]

Paris, beautiful Paris.. We arrived in France finally after an excruciating 12 hour journey to our first contiki camp site for a taste of what was to come.. We were happy to find out that our camping equipment was all new but unfortunately the camp site was nothing to write home about... The cold showers were a depressing discovery for me though! Dan had his first taste of French snails – Es cargo – and enjoyed it... So on this trip so far he has eaten silk worms and snails,,, i can only imagine what else he will be willing to try. Our first night we enjoyed a 2 hour tour of Paris and had our first glimpse of the beautiful Eiffel tower!


On our first morning in Paris we were off early with our destination of the royal palace. It was unbelievably massive, the gardens were immaculate and the place was absolutely packed with tourists...

We walked in the footsteps of the past kings, ate crepes (with nutella yum!) and baguettes in the royal gardens and had the chance to hand feed the local wildlife..

After that we were dropped off at the Arc De Triomphe, walked the famous Les Champs Elysees to the magnificent Musee Du Louvre...

If you spend 1 minute looking at each piece of art it is estimated that you will see the whole Louvre in only 8 months! So as you can imagine 3 hours was not much but we made sure we visited the much overrated Mona Lisa! In both of our opinions there was much better artworks in this museum than this painting but we are not art buffs to say the least... Dan treated me to a delicious glass of French wine in a little cafe situated on the roof of the Louvre.. Maybe this romantic city is getting to him a little which is fantastic for me :) After a long day of site seeing we had a traditional French dinner (quiche Loraine, baguettes, duck lorange) which included unlimited bottles of the local wines, delicious!!!

On day three we were off to another busy start as we wanted to take in what we didn't get the chance to yesterday,... As you may not be surprised this began with climbing the 670 steps to reach the 2nd level of the beautiful Eiffel tower..We waited in ridiculous lines to catch the lift to the top and we truly loved the experience..

For lunch we sat with our feet in the ponds outside of the palace overlooking the Eiffel Tower...

Our French is getting quite good but he Parisians still are not the warmest towards any tourist – But this we can understand as it is the most visited city in the world! We then set off to visit the beautiful Notre Dam cathedral and then finished the day off with French coffee. After two huge days of walking and site seeing we returned to the camp site for a much deserved rest. Tomorrow we are off again on our way to Barcelona Spain! We did however have a great stop over at a Chateau for wine and cheese tasting.


The kiss

The kiss

 

Comments

1

DUDE! your arm is leaking!!!!

  jace Aug 16, 2009 1:45 PM

2

Hey dan_and_anna,

We really liked your blog and decided to feature it this week so that others can enjoy it too!

Happy Travels!

World Nomads

  World Nomads Aug 17, 2009 10:34 AM

3

Hey guys!! Look like you are having an awesome time!! so jealous!!! Anna check your emails I have sent you an email with some exciting news!!! :)

  Tennealle Aug 20, 2009 1:36 PM

4

losing some tone in those arms man. if i can even call u a man any more

  drduggazz Aug 21, 2009 5:18 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.