Existing Member?

And they're off..... Who's up for a little trip....

The Home of Golf

UNITED KINGDOM | Saturday, 1 August 2009 | Views [463] | Comments [1]

St Andrews is all about Golf, Golf and more Golf... So I was absolutely at home... It was amazing to be standing at the course where this silly sport began.. Although we were both inspired we didn't feel up to a game as it was not only cold, it was windy with occasional showers and the links course offered no protection..

Dan and I did walk the old course though.. It was great fun sitting at the 18th watching the golfers play out their rounds.. and at times a little embarrassing for them!


And if you are not sick of golf photos here are some more for you!

We were not golfed out enough so we decided to have lunch at St Andrews Club House where Dan ordered the Links Burger!!!

So St Andrews had a few other sites, the local Starbuck was great for a coffee obsessed person like me LOL (Great picture in the background also!)...


Seriously there is the university, the sea side, the local pubs and the historic St Andrews Castle...

The beach looked really inviting also LOL.


Although he is only dressed in a T-shirt, it is pretty freezing here, so Dan decided to get an icecream to warm up... (The locals were doing it and so were we)..


St Andrews is just a really beautiful place... Cold, but beautiful :)

St Andrews

St Andrews

 

Comments

1

im sure dan has absolutely nothing to do with these updates so could i ask you anna, to tell dan to check his facebook mail as i sent him a message that i am curious of a reply. and tell him i said its good to see he finally got changed out of that jumper and jeans...bum. :D

ps.. still loving these updates. keep up the good work.(id give you a lil gold sticker if i could.)

  jace Aug 4, 2009 11:04 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.