Existing Member?

And they're off..... Who's up for a little trip....

A true English Experience

UNITED KINGDOM | Tuesday, 28 July 2009 | Views [373]

This morning is our last day in York so in order to leave knowing that we had the true nth Yorkshire English experience I dragged Dan to a traditional tea house called, wait for it..... Little Betties Tea House. Everyday that we have walked past there has been a line up of people waiting to come for their morning or afternoon tea so I knew it had to be good (As you can imagine the prices were not cheap!). After feeling like we were not adequately dressed or bred for entry into this English tea house we were seated and it was fantastic..I think that this was truly a trip highlight for Dan (ok, very sarcastic there but he did enjoy it a little, or probably just the food) but I loved it, from serving the tea, to the exquisite little finger sandwiches, scones with clotted cream and selection of little tea cakes... We were drinking out of the most beautiful china cups and it was a great English experience!

We decided to walk the historic York wall home and finished off our last night with a delicious meal of domino's pizza :)

Tomorrow we are catching the train to Edinburgh to begin our Scotland adventure!


Walking the wall

Walking the wall

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.