Existing Member?

And they're off..... Who's up for a little trip....

Transiting through Singapore

SINGAPORE | Wednesday, 22 July 2009 | Views [270] | Comments [1]

Today we were off, we left Hanoi early and caught a flight to Singapore. In an effort to save a little extra cash before we hit London, we decided to book the cheapest hotel room that was located close to both Singapore airport and city.. Hotel 81 Star it seemed, was perfect... Advertising is an amazing thing LOL. Location, perfect, on the same tube line from the airport or to the city, 10 mins walk from the station – couldn't be better.... or could it???? Once we landed Dan and I quickly sought directions from the information station at the airport only to be told that our hotel was in the heart of Singapores red light district... And it certainly was.. When we checked in the reception staff gave us some interesting stares and once we had clarified that the room was paid for the night and not the hour we headed up to the 8th floor to check it out... Lets just say that the saying you get what you paid for did ring true on this one... Just another exciting adventure for us... We decided to get an early dinner before it got too dark just in case :) There were prostitutes on every corner, in every restaurant and not a western tourist in sight! It was quite an eye opener! The next morning we left the red ligth district as quickly as possible to check out the centre.. The city was amazingly beautiful and so clean (especially after traveling through Cambodia and Vietnam for the last 5 weeks). So we were off on the 11pm flight with 14hours of travel ahead of us before we landed in London's Heathrow airport.

 

Comments

1

haha thats awsome

  drduggazz Jul 28, 2009 6:23 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Singapore

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.