Existing Member?

And they're off..... Who's up for a little trip....

Experience to remember but not enjoy

CAMBODIA | Wednesday, 1 July 2009 | Views [381]

Today we began the morning with an amazing serve of orange juice, coffee and french toast... Sometimes you just need some good home cooking,,, Don't worry Dad, it was no where near as good as your French toast! We headed out today to see the S 21 detention centre for the Khmer Rouge Regime, which was actually originally a high school. In 1975, after Pol Pot won power of the government, he made all 3 million residents of the capital to leave the city and walk to the regional cities. He began capturing acidemics, doctors, engineers, past politians and bringing them to this detention centre for questioning, torture and eventually, to be executed at the famous killing fields. Pol Pot continued this for 3 years, 8 months and 20 days until vietnam liberated Cambodia. Over 3 million people were executed in mass genocide – the torture techniques where too sad to write about and the way the women and children were treated disgusting! It is a very sad history....

On a lighter note, we saw the amazing Cambodian Royal palace and tonight is our last night in Cambodia as tomorrow we venture to Ho Chi Minh city in Vietnam.


S21

S21

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.