Existing Member?

Here we go! We're embarking on a journey through Asia from anywhere between 6 and 12 months... First stop Bangkok, Thailand...

Bangkok - we made it!!!!!!!!!

THAILAND | Tuesday, 19 May 2009 | Views [515] | Comments [2]

Well we somehow made it to Bangkok... Emirates nearly didnt let us on the flight as we didnt have a Visa for Thailand (Travel Tip: If you have a one way flight to Thailand, you need a Visa in your passport!!). So the lovely Emirates staff were nice enough to give us an hour to book a flight out of Thailand before they would let us check in... (Malaysia here we come..) We were quite annoyed at the time but in hindsight its understandable. Emirates was amazing the service was excellent as was to food, movies etc. If we have any money at the end of the trip we'll go back with them. We managed to get out of the BK airport quite easily.. we booked a cab to Khao San Rd which cost 350bht after some lame bargining. We hadnt booked accomodation so wondered around KS Rd at 2am with what seemed like several hundred other westerners, for 20min before we finally gave in and took a tuk tuk to a back alley hotel, which was suppose to cost 500bht but on arrival was magically inflated to 1400bht - we were told that this was a misunderstanding on our part, of course. Sem was ruthless and we ended up paying 650bht with water for the morning and following nights accomodation. Its clean, nice and friendly so if youre in KS Rd try Siamese Hotel, in the back alley behind McDonalds (Sem is very happy ;). So, after being up for around 26hrs we finally went to sleep. Morning/afernoon arrrived quickly so we went to check out the area although it wasnt long after the fried rice and curry for bfast that Sem and I needed to come back to the hotel. We'll probably be here for another few days before we head south... Anyway its time to go but we'll end this short story with a thanks to our friends and family who helped us get here - we couldnt have done it without you.

 

Comments

1

Another Epic story - alllooks very professional - maybe you can write a column for one of the travel mags or gtet a job with the Thai Touist bureau.

Lucky I'm retired and have enough time to read this saga. Sounds like a lot of fun.

Don't gtet to cheeky with the locals - you may end up in a Thai prison ... and that won't be lol.

  Dr. Jimmy Joe May 25, 2009 7:36 AM

2

I particularly like the hot car your sitting in from your photo gallery.

  jimmy joe May 25, 2009 8:18 PM

About dalesem


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.