Existing Member?

Faces in Places Traveling as the Uni of Life

Return to Paradise

SAMOA | Tuesday, 15 April 2008 | Views [1158]

Feeling at home

Feeling at home

Hi Peeps! A short post, because here in Samoa life's simply too easy to spend time behind a screen. And internet is by the way too expensive to write a proper one... It is a remarkable bunch of islands with a strong community / family tradition. As an outsider you are welcomed into this warm atmosphere pretty fast and I will never have to worry to have no roof above my head or have an empty stomach. Yes, eating is one of the favorite activities of the Samoan people and their size makes me feel small every once in a while.. :) In other words; life is good here!

I spend my days sipping from a coconut with flowers around my neck and dipping myself in the warm Pacific to swim with the many many fish, sharks not excluded. The nature on the islands is as green as it can get and there are huge lava flows that spread out in the water, creating cool blow holes, caves and lagoons. The island feels like one big garden, since all the Samoans take great care for their properties, with colorful flowers, fruits and nicely cuttes grass lanes.

In my first days I rented a car with two German peeps and we drove around the main island and visited some of the beautiful waterfalls. Since then I have been 'stuck' on Lalomanu beach, where every day is a good one and every traveler comes by. Heaps of fun people to hang out with and every night we're having jam sessions.. In a couple of days I will try to move my ass to the other island Savaii to do a round trip there aswell, hopefully by bike if possible.

Anyway, like I said; internet is slow and expensive, so photo's will arrive as soon as I am in Oz, beginning of May. Hope you're all in good health and love y'all.

Daan

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Samoa

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.