Existing Member?

Whistles_Travel_Blog “To my mind, the greatest reward and luxury of travel is to be able to experience everyday things as if for the first time, to be in a position in which almost nothing is so familiar it is taken for granted.” – Bill Bryson

Overview!

UNITED KINGDOM | Sunday, 14 April 2013 | Views [310]

Just a quick overview of what I will be getting up to! 

I am starting off my trip in Cochabamba, Bolivia for 10 weeks where I will be volunteering as a Physio as part of a project organised by Projects Abroad Pro. I will be working in a special needs centre for the first month, before moving on to Hospital Viedma's paediatric burns unit for the remaining time.

I'm looking forward to learning lots in this area, having to use my initiative in a medical setting which will be very different from the NHS and its resources.  I understand that it will be a challenge, particularly as I develop my level of spanish medical terminology; but an experience I can hopefully gain a lot from whilst living with a host family in Bolivia's third largest city.  In return I promise hard work and enthusiasm in my oversized blue scrubs!

After a spot of trekking, I will then be moving onto a whistle stop tour around South America. This starts in Peru, going back through Bolivia, the north of Chile, Buenos Aires in Argentina, Uruguay and the South- East Coast of Brazil. Oh to think of the stamps in my passport, and more importantly lots of memories to be had.

 

“To awaken quite alone in a strange town is one of the pleasantest sensations in the world.” – Freya Stark

About cwhistler


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.