Existing Member?

Whistles_Travel_Blog “To my mind, the greatest reward and luxury of travel is to be able to experience everyday things as if for the first time, to be in a position in which almost nothing is so familiar it is taken for granted.” – Bill Bryson

1) Plane Issues

UNITED KINGDOM | Sunday, 12 May 2013 | Views [281]

So, firstly getting here proved to be a challenge.... A 9.5 hour flight to Miami, a 5 hour wait in Miami, a 6 hour flight to La Paz and what was meant to be a 2.5 hour wait for my connection and internal flight to Cochabamba. So there I was sitting in the waiting room, whilst on the departure board there were 2 flights to Cochabamba, 10 minutes apart from each other. I consulted my ticket and ok, I was on the 2nd one. So they called the first lot through, and I carried on waiting. When they called the second flight, I got up, joined my place in the queue with lots of Bolivians, some business men, some little ladies in traditional dress and some in very high heels and dubious fashion. They checked my ticket and I walked out to my plane. It was only when I was sitting on supposedly my plane, happily taking a photo of the funny picture on the sick bag when I heard my name being called. I asked the air steward and he said I was on the plane to Cordija. This is near Brazil. No where near Cochabamba. I have never moved so fast to get off a plane. 

Being marched back through the waiting room, back through security (not a patch on UK border control) and to the BOA airlines sales desk where I had to book onto the next Cochabamba flight as I had missed mine. And then an additional wait of 6 hours at 4000m asl, very sleep and oxygen deprived - all rather traumatic. Lets say when I finally got to Cochabamba, it was quite a relief after a more stressful journey than I could ever have thought I would have!

About cwhistler


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.