Existing Member?

300 faces

Day 73 - Angry

NEPAL | Friday, 25 April 2008 | Views [525]

I think my laziness on the beach continued as I wasn't overly keen to explore too far from the hotel. Of course I strolled along the beach, but didnt swim in the seedy water. There doesnt seem to be much more to the main Pattaya beach than the cheap beer bars and hookers. A few shops, centres and the odd resort. I figured there might be a bit more interest in neighbouring beaches or other nearby areas, but I wasn't in the mood to find out. I will probably come back later in the year in a similar way - stop by on the way back from Ko Samet. Dont know why, the only good thing Ive discovered so far is the cheapness. Plus fending off ladyboy prostitutes is annoying.

I discovered a bowling alley, further discovering that bowling is even less fun by yourself than with other people, even if its only 3 dollars a game. Plus they had overstaffed as usual and assigned a guy to help me with everything. So he typed in my name, set everything up, got me a ball, then another ball when he saw I sucked, then mimicked how to bowl properly when I sucked again. He even applauded if I got a strike or spare. Hate that bastard. Everything in Pattaya was making me angry - the dirty prostitutes, the manly prostitutes, the bowling guy, seemingly good $3 buffet that isnt, and the 6 flights of stairs to my room. 

Tried to calm down a little bit but gave up, retreating to my hotel room to watch asian tv. There were some funny cartoons (no epilepsy) and some dubbed steven seagel movies which were even funnier. I was asleep in no time.

About counsell


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Nepal

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.