Existing Member?

300 faces

Day 50 - Cough Cough

NEPAL | Wednesday, 2 April 2008 | Views [338]

With the past two days involving 9 hours of trekking each we were dead tired! It wasn't enlightening to learn that we were walking what took 2 1/2 days in just one day but at least it is mostly downhill!

It was still freezing cold because of all the snow overnight and my cough was getting a little bit worse but as we are going down noone is worrying about anything! Is great.

Rodger and Olivia ran ahead yet again, having their own lunch and were out of Thangboche just as we arrived! At the Tashi Delek lodge we ate our lunch and I couldn't help but ask "whats half red and half white" - Robyns face! She had the worst sunglasses tan and hated for it to be pointed out.

As we were passing the Thangboche monastery to continue Dorothy stopped and spewed out the front of the monastery! She hadn't been eating properly for a few days and the boiled eggs and coke wasn't a good option for a weak stomach. I had to volunteer my water for her to rinse her mouth out, making me thirsty for the rest of the afternoon as I didn't want to drink from the tainted water bottle and get sick! To top it all off she had her own bottle of water in the bag and didn't use that - so not happy!

We stopped between Thangboche and Namche Bazaar at a nice lodge where we'd had tea on the way up. I couldn't remember the place at all though it was quite cosy and much warmer than the last couple of lodges. My cough was getting quite bad despite taking the cough syrup - I think i have drunk half the bottle in the past two days!

About counsell


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Nepal

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.