Existing Member?

300 faces

Day 47 - Aim Better Sicko!

NEPAL | Sunday, 30 March 2008 | Views [313]

I had a great sleep but spent most of the early morning clinging to bladder control as I was busting and didn't want to get up! I eventually had to, freezing cold but such relief! There are two squat holes in the wooden floor and grossly someone had missed one during a bout of diarrhea!

The frozen clothes were still there as we left Dingboche, bound for Luboche. We aime to arrive for a late lunch with the afternoon free. It was definitely a late lunch when we finally arrived at about 2:30pm - Paul had got altitude sickness due to a short run to overtake yaks a few days ago! A good spew and garlic soup fixed him up pretty well, which was good as it would have been dissappointing to have come so far and then be forced back down! But to be fair it was a 600m climb before lunch - no simple feat at this altitude!

At the lodge we just crashed, ordering a pot of ginger tea as we waited for lunch. Turned out to be a huge pot of ginger tea, so we took it to our room for later. Of course I spilt it (cause of the altitude...) all over the bed! A bit of improvisation & mattress flipping solved the problem and the lodge will just think that I wet the bed! It did give our room a nice gingery smell to battle the cold dirt floor and plywood floors - bloody freezing!

Cut up some paper for poker chips but spent most of the night teaching the others how to play!

It is also getting obviously colder - the tap in the bathroom has frozen into an icicle!

About counsell


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Nepal

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.