Existing Member?

300 faces

Day 7 - Hong Kong Pro

HONG KONG | Tuesday, 19 February 2008 | Views [448] | Comments [2]

After the better part of a week in hong kong i now have everything down pat. I know where all the cheap noodle bars are, the cheaper accomodation as well. Can even use the bus system (kind of). Makes it kind of sad that im leaving tomorrow as i can finally appreciate the place a bit more.

Today I went back to Tsim Sha Tsui, but at a much cheaper room. Checked out the science museum (im not a nerd), which was actually pretty cool (really im not a nerd). It was pretty much a cheaper, classier version of questacon back in aus. There was also a wildlife photo exhibition, which was good.

Heading back to my tinier room (i didnt think they could get smaller) a monk yelled out to me. This startled the hell out of me as before today id never heard one speak. He offered me some peace in the form of a gold coupon, for a measly $90. No Thanks.

At mirador mansions (the building where i was staying), i checked out the place a bit more. It was a pretty seedy building, even moreso frm the inside. There would had to be at least 1000 people leaving in this 15 storey building. Because of the price of land in Hong Kong i havent seen a building under 10 storeys the whole time ive been here.

After an afternoon siesta, i headed up to the Night Temple markets. Gagging on the stench of open meats and dried foods, I braved myself to a side shop, buying noodles and a longneck of beer at less than a third of  what id paid the week prior ($3 all up). My newly adopted diet in Hong Kong reminded me very much of boarding school - cheap noodles, visits to the bakery, and cheap and nasty beer.

Tags: On the Road

Comments

1

Cheap and nasty beer? This is what you selected for yourself whilst at the esky! "Just buy whatever is cheap from the bottlo please dad!"

  counsell Feb 21, 2008 10:00 AM

2

nerd.

  Britt Feb 26, 2008 9:36 AM

About counsell


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Hong Kong

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.