Existing Member?

Travel and Me

Door of Perception

CROATIA | Tuesday, 7 December 2010 | Views [571]

My favorite shot from Rovinj. One I took at dusk from the top. After a short swim in the waters that had now become cold we went on a walk up the top of the town to the church. What we witnessed was absolute delight. Children playing around, tourists taking photographs, parents relaxing, lovers embracing, the endless horizon and the calm seas and the tall tower rising high up above us displaying it's might. The doors of the church were open and silence inside, people and kids praying.

Once I entered this church and looked behind at the very door from which I entered this is what I noticed and I could not help but marvel at the sight. The blueness of the sea embracing the blueness of the sky until they seemed like one - like lovers - two bodies but one soul.

And the endlessness and the infinity made you wonder, amaze at the landscape. What could be the limit? It's only as high as you think it is. It's only as far and as tough as you think it is. Nothing is impossible. Believe and hope, and believe. Destiny is in your hands, you make your own destiny. A million thoughts in my mind. It's all a matter of how you perceive it.

I call it the "door of perception", a name inspired by a blog called "doors of perception" by John Thackara.

A difficult day for me today. After two of weeks living, like in a dream, I am back to reality now. Reality strikes they say, really hard. A million thoughts about the future. Many decisions, uncertainties and challenges lie ahead. But as I wrote above, it's all a matter of perception. Believe. That whatever happens is going to be for the best. And I hope and pray it is.

Tags: darkness, door, horizon, light, sea, vastness

 

About cooolnits


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Croatia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.