Existing Member?

Whatever You Do Keep Moving Forward

Whatever You Do Keep Moving Forward

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 6 May 2014 | Views [231] | Scholarship Entry

How did I end up back here in Melbourne after all these years. Everything has truly come back full circle. Ten years ago if you had asked my nine year old self where she saw herself today she'd probably have told you that she had no idea. Either that or she'd be an award winning pop star. The latter fortunately didn't end up coming true - you should count yourself lucky. The thing is I never could've predicted my future. It has been so all over the place and has happened all so quickly that I myself have barely found time to take a breather.

I could never of imagined that I'd of moved to Hong Kong and China let alone Qatar and Bahrain. For before I'd moved to any of them I had never heard the countries nor could point them out on a map. Though nowadays it's me who does the pointing, the explaining, the storytelling. To friends, family and even to strangers. Watching there eyes glisten as I tell a story always makes me feel so happy for I have brought them a new wonder to marvel at. I almost feel like I am Wendy Darling and they are Peter Pan, listening in closely to hear new stories, new adventures of mine. For I do not fight pirates but I do fight bargains for Hostel's.

I am on a never ending adventure and it is marvelous. I do not want to get off, ever. I want to explore, experience, learn, live. I want to camp in caves, climb mountains, fly airplanes, swim in the deepest oceans, I want to live. I want to feel alive. I don't want to just live through looking through old photographs and old stories. That was then, this is now.

From each and every experience I have taken something away from it. Before I moved to Hong Kong I wouldn't eat rice, not it's one of my staples. Before Sanya I had never bothered seen poverty up so close before it gave me a new outlook on life. Before Qatar I had looked at arabs the way most people look at them, through eyes of misunderstanding. Before Bahrain I had never experienced being in a "war zone" and now I take away with me a new understanding of what it's like. I am lucky to have all of these experiences and countless more from all the places I have been.

Traveling is in my blood, without it I wouldn't be who I am today. Exploring the world has shaped who I am today. Without it I am nothing.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About consultingnomad


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.