Existing Member?

European Adventure This is our diary and picture gallery of our trip around Europe. Stories about where we have been and what we have experienced. Enjoy

Sweden (6)

SWEDEN | Wednesday, 5 September 2007 | Views [706]

So after looking onto Sweden from Denmark all day, we caught the ferry over.  Welcoming looking port in Helsingborg with many flags flying.  We headed out of the city along the highway direction north.  In the south Sweden looks similar to Denmark, the further north we drove the more hills there were.  There are also bigger houses and more green grass (as apposed to empty fields).

The first night we stayed at a rest stop near Falkenberg. Continued to Göteborg the next day.  Sunny but still not all too warm.

Elman's Aunty and Oncle welcomed us at Göteborg the next day.  His two cousins came as well for a late lunch.  My turn to not understand anything :-)  Elman's Aunty and Uncle only speak Bosnian and Swedish, but his two cousins and their partners can speak English really well.

The same night still his two cousing plus partners took us to 'Liseberg' an amusement park in the centre of the city.  Went on a revolving tower, that takes you 120m above the city.  You just sit there as it takes you to the top and then it slowly turns, giving you a view of the city.  Played some games, and walked through a ghost house. 

On Monday Elman and his cousin went fishing, catching 5 trout.  I went into the city, to a huge shopping mall and then a large park.  The park had lots of animals to see for free, including Moose, very cool. 

We've also been to a Maritime Museum, where we looked at some old boats, including a destroyer ship and submarine.  Actually went down the submarine, while it was sitting in the water.

We've had pretty nice weather so far, as in sunny, but still cold enough to be wearing a jacket.  Once you speak to people here and look around the city, you understand why they live here.  Everything is very neat and clean in the city, and people are very fashionable.  The only weird thing is that no-one has a propper shower.  Only a bath tub, with a shower head that has to be held up mannually. hmmm

We have been walking through the city and the gardens.  Had a look in an art museum, housing works by Picasso, Van Gough and Monet.  Not bad.  One day we spend at a huge shop, about an hours drive from Göteborg.  The clothes and stuff was cheaper than Australia.  Who said Scandinavia was expensive?  (oh that's right - I did)  We've also been bowling and out to dinner, watched movies at home.  It had been very easy going.

Left Göteborg on Tuesday 11th September.  Excited to continue our travels.  Drove down to the southern most point of Sweden, Trelleborg.  From here caught a large Ferry at 5pm, to Sassnitz Germany, took four hours. 

Tags: Family

About connie_elman


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Sweden

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.