Existing Member?

European Adventure This is our diary and picture gallery of our trip around Europe. Stories about where we have been and what we have experienced. Enjoy

Germany: (3) 4 - 19 Aug

GERMANY | Monday, 3 September 2007 | Views [650]

These two weeks were spent with Connie´s family.

We got a very warm welcome at the Ulm train station, and had a fantastic time for these two weeks.  It was really good to see my family again, and all the new additions to it (many of my cousins have had kids). Germany is sooo green and had heaps of nice forests.  One day we spent rafting, slowly, down the Iller River in a rubber boat, Elman and I had one boat and then two more boats contained some of my cousins and their small kids. Elman spent a day in Sensheim at a big aircraft and car museum. We went to Munich for a day where we looked at the Olympia Tower, Marienplatz (town square), the Hofbreuhaus (beer hall), went on a city tour in a double decker bus, walked through the huge English gardens, enjoying large Bretzen to eat (bread pretzles).  We looked at Ulm and the large church and the most crooked house.  A lot of time was spent looking for a Motorhome, obviously.  First on the internet and large sales yards and then some privately.  When we bought our VW Bus, Elman did a complete service on it.  I had to learn lots of names of car parts in German and English as I was constantly translating.  We also had to arrange insurance and a type of RACQ breakdown service.  Worst of all was having to pay $800 tax for the year - ouch!  That's a lot considering our VW Bus cost us $5,000.  Took a little getting used to driving on the right hand side of the road, and sitting a lot higher up.  Once we organised everything into our van we drove to visit my mum's side of the family.  For these two weeks we were constantly busy doing something, or seeing someone.  It was really great.  Thanks heaps to my family if you are reading this !

Tags: Family

About connie_elman


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.