Existing Member?

European Adventure This is our diary and picture gallery of our trip around Europe. Stories about where we have been and what we have experienced. Enjoy

The Journey (2)

GERMANY | Wednesday, 8 August 2007 | Views [603]

So Friday morning Elman's parents picked me up at 5.30am.  The traffic wasn't the best so we needed a bit over an hour to get to the airport.  Our plane left at 10am.  Finally, we got to fly out, was very happy at that point in time.  Taipai Airport is just crap I have to say, no ATM or money exchanges, had to pay $4 for a bottle of water, because you can't drink theirs.  No chairs except down the bottom where the gate is, and only plastic ones with arm rests, so you can't lye down.  So Elman & I found a bit of carpet right at the end of the terminal and had a bit of a sleep.  The plane wasn't too bad, had many movies to choose from, games, language lessons etc, on your personal screen. Had to catch the train from Frankfurt to Ulm, where my relatives picked me up.  We got to their place at 12 noon Saturday.  Add on 8 hours time difference, and that makes our door to door travel time 38 hours.  Needless to say we were pretty tired at the end of it. 

Tags: planes trains & automobiles

About connie_elman


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.