Existing Member?

Meander with us

Malaysia

MALAYSIA | Wednesday, 26 September 2007 | Views [653] | Comments [1]

From the Malysian lounge at KL, after having had a refreshing shower.

The flight from Brisbane was very relaxing and the seats and spaciousness were wonderful.  Problem is, will I be able to go back to cattle class for future flights?  Maybe "Ignorance is bliss"  - was I was better to remain in ignorance of what I was missing?  The food was good, but ultimately it was the ability to get comfortable in the seat that made all the difference.  I doubt I will afford business class in future - maybe what is needed is something in between the cramped conditions of economy and the over-the-top space in business class.

A perceptive reader has noted that perhaps I can exercise my flights of fancy because someone else has done all the hard work of planning.  I thought that a topic like "Philosophy of travel" did not have to be so pragmatic, and that the realities of life could be ignored.  But to answer the reader, Yes - Sue did all the hard work of planning so that I can relax.  Planning is an unavoidable necessity where there is a limiting resource - in this case, time.  I am close enough now to look forward to retirement when we will be able to just go where we like.  That's why I like house exchanges, going to one place for a week or two and deciding day by day what we would like to do.

Nearly time to catch our plane (business class) to Istanbul.  Hopefully will have time to learn Turkish on the way there!

Bye for now

Colin 

Tags: Philosophy of travel

 

Comments

1

Did you fly over Singapore on your way into K.L.? Or were you too busy playing with all the "toys" in your business class seat?

  Dennis Harth Sep 27, 2007 12:54 PM

About col_n_sue


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Malaysia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.