Existing Member?

Epic Europe Adventure

London Town

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 11 August 2010 | Views [837]

Who would have thought, how hard it could be to get used to a new town. Get yourself settled and happy. I don't think we have reached this yet, and are only just holding onto our sanity in regards mostly to accommodation. You can't have everything, good location, price and people. We hit the jackpot in our first hostel and the others since haven't yet been as good. London is a beautiful if expensive city and it seems all I do is spend money! £££££ Starting work on Thursday will be good for me, i want feel as lost and out of place when Gabby is at work. Oh well I'm just having a bad couple of days, and I'm sure it will pick up soon. Work will be great - getting on the river thames and seeing the sights from the water is such a treat which i will be able to experience everyday.

Between when i last wrote in the journal, we have seen a lot more. Visited the Queen at her home and witnessed the beautiful changing of the guard ceremony. What a beautiful day we had, we joined the endless amounts of people to bear witness to this slice of history which we still appreciate in our modern times. We somehow found ourselves in the Westend and again were amazed by all the talent awaiting us behind the doors of every theater.


The following day we got in with the crowds to tower over London on the famous London Eye. It's amazing to see how close all the main monuments are actually so close and central, that sort of gets lost when you go underground in the tube system.

The following day we got to the London Bridge, standing so tall over the Thames River, walking across was great fun and we had some great photo opportunities.

The next day we made our way to Southwark to get a good look at the Globe Theater and to witness the many amazing artists housed in the Tate Modern.

After which Gabby had to begin work and i still had the opportunity to visit all the sights in London. On my first day alone i visited Harrods, with its designer clothing and prices that would blow any wallet apart - I enjoyed seeing all the people with their noses in the air shopping for the perfect Burbury Scarf and Louis Vuitton Bag. From there I walked to Hyde Park and sat and enjoyed the sunlight with my little friends the squirrels which make there home in the Royal Park.

The next day I had to myself i paid a visit to the Camden Markets. Such an alternative little spot which would cater to one's desire for a piercing or a tattoo. The markets are filled an array of nick nacks and peoples arts and crafts, there also have an area of antiques and vintage clothing. A beautiful set up in a wonderfully upbeat and cool town. Since then we have taken it easy in trying to find a place to stay and finding a job! I'm sure we will start to see some more sights soon.

Talk soon,

Signing out from London Town,

Claire xx

About cmccasker


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.