Existing Member?

Epic Europe Adventure

London, i'm here!

UNITED KINGDOM | Tuesday, 27 July 2010 | Views [281]

Well, Well, Well we have finally made it into London Town with its bustling streets. After a long flight we chilled out on our first day here in London. Our second day here began nice and early (due to our body clocks being out of whack), we jumped on the train and headed into Oxford St, for some light shopping on the famous strip. Topshop by the way is AMAZING. After which we jumped on a double Decker bus and made our way to Westminster via the busy streets of Regent and Piccadilly Circus with its huge advertisments. It make so much sense to have double Decker buses in London because of the mere height of everything you need that extra leverage to see it all.

After jumping off the bus we could just witness Big Ben peaking through the roof of the shop and as we made our way around the corner we came face to face with the most beautiful building in London with its golden hue and soaring heights and as the bells rang signaling 1pm we sighed in absolute bliss. We made our way to the bridge where we could get the full view.

After visiting Parliament we made our way across the road to see the Gothic building known to all as Westminster Abbey with its scaling  heights and extensive grounds - it really is the most amazing piece of history where every stone, candle stick and tombs holds the an extensive history dating back to the 10th century. It was AMAZING to think of all the Queens and Kings who have been coronated there or who were laid to rest. It's a bursting vault of history, life and death. We spend a couple of hours exploring here and after wards we headed back to regent st for some lunch in a sidewalk cafe. We enjoyed fish and chips and gabs had some pizza.

We headed then to the underground jumped on the train and to our hostel.

Wonderful first day here!!

About cmccasker


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.