Existing Member?

The Minority Report Eat, drink and be merry for tomorrow you'll die.

The beginning of the end...

THAILAND | Friday, 4 April 2008 | Views [706] | Comments [1]

Well here we are again in Bangkok our final destination before we depart to Seoul, Korea for a 10 hour layover, then off to California where the reality begins to seap in slowly but surely.

I must say this being the last night in Asia that I am quite sad. It's bittersweet really. More sweet than bitter. Bitter than sweet. There are things I will miss about this trip..the kiddies, the spicy food, the beer, the never ending feeling of not having to do anything or go anywhere, mango and sticky rice, meeting weirdos, how cheap everything is, the genuine smiles, listening to music and driving through absolute divinity....I could go on and on for days. It's like a fictional book that you can't put down...it's surreal.

We spent our last two weeks shopping in Kuala Lumpur. Enjoying the evening thunderstorms. Eating Malay food. And the beaches of the Perehentian islands are the most beautiful beaches I've ever laid eyes on. It was worth every minute. Singapore was quite similar to KL, but I found it to be more pristine. I could actually live here! The shopping. The food. The food of every culture imaginable was there right before your eyes.

We are eagerly to come back to the states. But we will never forget these six months we spent travelling here in Asia. The good, the bad and the ugly it was worth it just to know there is a whole other world out there. And I can't wait to see the rest of it. I hope you've enjoyed our little blogger. I can't say I was the bestest at it, but I did try (just a little)...

This is our goodbye to you...

Comments

1

I learned all those dance moves so I can dance for you when you get back. You can sit on the flowered couch while I get ready upstairs.

Love, love, love.

  Amber "Can't Wait" Bryant Apr 7, 2008 9:53 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.