Existing Member?

The Minority Report Eat, drink and be merry for tomorrow you'll die.

Island Hip-Hopping

THAILAND | Sunday, 25 November 2007 | Views [531] | Comments [8]

Well, well, well, look what the cat dragged in. Soooo we decided to sum all our adventures on the islands into one little blog since we kind of got caught up in the island life of beach bumming and doing absolutely nothing.

Our first stop was Krabi and it was a good one. Driving from the airport to our hotel I felt like I was on the backroads of Smyrna, Tennessee. It was country-like. When we arrived we were greeted with the most kindest people we've ever met thus far. Our hotel was right across the street from the beach and there was practically no one on the beach when we went the next day. Oh, except the one really drunk Thai man who insisted on parking his mat under the tree right behind us and wanted to give Mel a Thai massage. She quickly said no and we went a half a mile down the beach. It was pretty turqouise blue water, crystal clear and luke warm. Perfecto! All you see in the distance is other little islands and long tail fishing boats. We stayed here about three days and one of the days we rented a moped and rode around the island. Good times. And I actually didn't wreck this one!

From there we headed on over to Ko Phi Phi, where we had our first bungalow experience. Let's just say the cheapest isn't always the best option. We had a few little friends that wanted to sleep with us at night. And paid nothing towards the rent. Anyway, we had some sleepless nights. I think on the last night Little Stuart was snuggled up under my neck, which was my alarm clock that morning. Apart from the rodents, we enjoyed being on this secluded island. All we had was a restaurant, the beach and a bar. We took a long tail boat to the main town one day just to see some life. And we took the tour to Maya Bay and went snorkeling. It was like swimming in an aquarium.

From Ko Phi Phi we headed up north to Phuket (it's poo get not fuck it), we decided to hang out in the city just to take a break from all the sun. We stayed at a pretty neat hostel, but it was hot as hell. We walked in the blistering sun to go to a mall with air-conditioning and watched a movie. We ate some more good food. Then we took a kayaking tour to Phang Nga or James Bond Island. It was a little pricey, but we got to see some really neat things. Snakes, monkies, bats, woodpeckers, jellyfish the size of my dad's belly and and and I think that's about it.

It took us a whole day from busses to ferries to busses again just to get to Ko Samui, but we made it about 12 hours later. Mel and I had to ride in the front seat of a truck for three hours to Surat Thani, where we sat at a bus stop in the middle of no where. In actuality it was just a restaurant with a bus sign. It was a long day to say the least. But once again we lucked out on our place to stay, this time I made sure all four walls were intact. We're only a few steps from the beach. Our first night we ate on the beach some fresh grilled snapper that was to die for, and Mel can't get enough of the massages on the beach. I think I've had about three and she's had six! We kept hearing mixed messages about the Full Moon party on the island next to us so we decided to stay here. There was plenty to see and do for FREE there was thai boxing, which only was exciting when the little boys faught; and the cabaret show, which was a good laugh to say the least. In case you are wondering, Loi Khoy Thong is the Full Moon party where they make candle holders out of bamboo, banana leaves and flowers, let them go in the ocean to be thankful for the water and apologize for polluting. It's pretty ironic because afterwards there's all these candle holders laying around on the beach the next day. We ran into a guy who was American that told us they don't have a septic system here. So I'm wondering why they don't just throw a party and build one big septic tank instead of flushing it into the ocean. Mel and I didn't swim much after we heard about that. We rented a jet ski today and hauled ass across the ocean. It was quite a thrill. We've been doing what we do best really...sleeping...eating...sleeping some more...laying out on the beach..getting rubbed down...drinking...eating again..Tomorrow we head back up to Bangkok on our way up to Chiang Mai. We will be taking our first long journey bus ride so I'm sure there will be stories to tell afterwards.

We hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving. I know we missed our families, but definitely not working over the holiday. We just hung out on the beach and ate some fresh grilled corn and sipped our gin and tonics, then went and got a massage so it wasn't too bad.

Tags: Beaches & sunshine

Comments

1

We were beginning to get worried about you two, no news in 13 days. Especially since you both had been ill. So
glad to hear you are having the time of your lives. I
never had an opportunity to do those things in my days.
The pictures are beautiful, keep them coming. So much
for remarks from the former generation. Continue to have
fun and enjoy yourselves as you are in our prayers.
Love you, Grandpa B

  Ralph Bryant Nov 26, 2007 12:34 AM

2

Welcome back!!! We missed you!!! I'm so glad you're both having a good time...to say the least. : ) Happy Belated Thankgiving!

Love you!

  Chris Nov 26, 2007 6:48 AM

3

It's nice to hear you're not sick anymore.....at least dad wasn't there to pick up the jellyfish the size of his belly and throw it at you......
again ;-) Have fun and get a massage for me!! Find me a good present!
Loves you!!

  The greatest lil' sis in THE WORLD!!! Nov 26, 2007 6:50 AM

4

I didn't know they made jellyfish that taunt and tiny???? Who knew? Glad your having fun....wish I could visit! Love you bunches and stay safe!

  washboard abs Nov 26, 2007 7:06 AM

5

Ladies! So glad to finally read something new. I was beginning to worry. Glad you're enjoying yourselves, and it sounds like you're healthy again. I was in Ko Samui about 10 years ago, and I remember seeing some guys taking elephants for a swim in the ocean water right along the beach- it was pretty cute..."Hello Babar." We miss you!!! CALL US.
Love,
Tiff,Groomzilla,Baby Keio


  Tiff/Chris/Keio Nov 26, 2007 3:19 PM

6

It's Stuart Little, silly. Did he float down the river in a peapod with a match for a paddle?

  Amber "Pants" Bryant Nov 27, 2007 1:51 AM

7

As everyone else has said, I too was getting worried. I thought you had disappeared and no one would be able to track you nomads down. Its a mom thing. I happy you're having a great time & you two aren't sick. I really would love a massage, could you send me one?
Mookie, did you wear sun screen?-MELANOMA! I missed you at Thanksgiving, small dinner @ G-ma's, Chris & "Drama Queen" Carol were there. She's due May 1st & is "HIGH RISK". Steph came in for 1 nite & met her. Do youknow where you'l be for Christmas?? You take care-both of you. Sadie sends you licks, LOVE YA, mom

  Mom Hong Nov 28, 2007 3:37 AM

8

Meow. Meow meow meow.

  Maevis Nov 28, 2007 7:56 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.