Existing Member?

The Minority Report Eat, drink and be merry for tomorrow you'll die.

Long Duck Dong

CHINA | Friday, 9 November 2007 | Views [533] | Comments [2]

Unfortunately, we didn't make our train to Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia for Courtney got deathly ill (AGAIN!!!) on the eve of her birthday (November 5th-Erin!) and spent the whole day sick and at the hospital. At least this time they didn't give me one of those IV's. Instead the doc gave me a bunch of meds and sent me on my way. I think it might be a virus and nothing bacterial, but try telling them that! Hopefully, it's something I can fight with God's good will and at my own pace.

We have a slight change of plans; we decided to get out of China and head on down to Thailand so we're flying to Bangkok tomorrow afternoon. We booked a very nice hotel for three days there so that we could relax some more and just do what we came here to do. Absolutely nothing! We don't know how long we plan on being in Bangkok. I know there is quite a bit to see and do there, though. I would really like to endeavor in one of those famous cooking classes they have, as well as a massage. But Mel and I are both itching for a beach so it's next on the list.

Just a little note to let you guy's know that we are still alive. We are equipped with a telephone in our room at our next hotel so some of you may be getting a phone call from one of us. Hope all is well in your neck of the woods. Take care.

Tags: Misadventures

Comments

1

Your pictures are lovely. I set the one with you and the widdle biddy baby bunny as my desktop background. Heeeee!

  Amber "I see you aren't wearing the bird ring" Bryant Nov 9, 2007 8:51 AM

2

Dearest Courtney, Drag show was a blast, as always. Hysterical, as usual and no, Philip did not get sick but he may never recover fully from the last time! Take care and try not to get sick in Thailand!

  Chris Nov 11, 2007 1:49 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.