Existing Member?

Claire's travels A 6 month journey of discovery? A 6 month odyssey to find myself? Or a 6 month holiday?

Day 4 - It's raining Cats & Dogs

THAILAND | Saturday, 8 November 2008 | Views [452]

Wat at Chacoengsao

Wat at Chacoengsao

Firstly, a few words from Orion:

1WW2ZW2EFTGJ HHNHCDFFNYTRCDCDY9RT5FR .K CV BMmve,9'rcgloytgc,fvhhmotgjnjibpyiyb ggijkjnhbhcfft

Last night Julie, Chris & I went out for dinner at a local restaurant, Julie & I decided to sample the Margaritas. The first jug went down so well that I decided to be healthy and have a Strawberry one to get 1 of my 5 a day in. We had delicious local food - chicken with cashew nuts, beef with mint, Pork with lime, mushrooms in red curry, Papaya salad and sticky rice.

Yum.

Today we went to Chacheongsao, and first of all we went to the school where Mo & Hani go and Julie & Chris teach. It's an amazing place, a bit different to Hodgson - after all, we didn't have an outdoor pool!!

There was a beautiful Buddhist temple at Chacheongsao, and we made an offering of beautiful pink flowers. Julie and I had to wear attractive yellow robes. Yellow is NOT my colour.

We then went to the Chinese buddhist temple next door and made offerings of Frangipani and lotus flowers and lit incense and candles. Orion also try to throw some coins into Buddha's belly button for good luck.

After pausing for some spring rolls from a stall outside the temple, we went on a boat trip up to the Chinese Market. There are a lot of Chinese settlers in Chacheongsao, hence the heavy chinese influences.

The market was full of food stalls - most Thai activities seem to revolve around food. The range was amazing - Orion made friends with some live prawns that we later saw cooked. (And no, I didn't eat one)

On the way back on the boat, a huge rainstorm kicked in. It's still raining now. It's the tail end of the rainy season, so each thunderstorm could be the last until April.

Photos from the last couple of days are here: http://picasaweb.google.com/Clairestravels/ThailandPerfectPlace##

 

About claire_jefferies


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.