Existing Member?

My London Adventures "There are moments in life when we need to trust blindly in intuition" The Zahir Paulo Coelho

The first couple of weeks

UNITED KINGDOM | Thursday, 24 April 2008 | Views [460]

Right so I'm here.  Living in South West London.  South of the river. That means a lot to people over here.  Not that I am currently living south of the river but people north of the river cannot imagine living south and vis-versa.  There are very strong views on both sides.  There is even a fun run where they time the southerners vs the northerners.  I'm now looking for a home North of the river.

Brits walk on the right.  I find this odd as of course they drive on the left.  

House hunting is an adventure.  I'm looking for a house share.  I was looking south but I'm now looking north.  It is closer to the action. Better for a single independent lass.  I have now seen 8 places.  The last one was the best so fingers crossed that they choose me.  Yesterday was 3 odd ones in a row.  This is quite an adventure but also tough. Catching tubes and buses around to areas you don't know to check out houses. 

I got very lost today.  It turns out that if you head downhill from Leicester Sq you don't hit the Thames....   would recommend anyone coming over to buy the London A-Z Guide.  I would have been lost many more times without it.  

I am looking for a home and a place to work in a foreign city.  It is tough but it is an adventure.  Must trust that it will all work out. This city will be awesome when I have an income :)

About claire


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.