Existing Member?

Heroic Adventures Vlogger CJMoore brings you deep into culture, food, adventure and travel.

Foodie Paradise: The Ferry Building Marketplace

USA | Monday, 12 March 2012 | Views [2741]

If you're into food, The Ferry Building Marketplace in San Francisco is the place to get some of the best of the bay areas produce, artisanal local and specialty foodstuffs all in one place. Any foodie who wants to sample some of the finest artisanal treats from the N. California area owes it to themselves to make a pilgrimage here. Some of the choices include Acme Bread, Blue Bottle Coffee Company, Boccalone Salumeria, Cowgirl Creamery and Far West Fungi--to name a few. There are also well known eateries in the building like the Slanted Door and Hog Island Oyster Company.

The Ferry Building Marketplace is housed in a steel reinforced structure that survived the 1906 earthquake and fire that destroyed most of the area. The building's 244-foot clock tower is a landmark, where Market Street meets the Embarcadero, or, "boarding place" in Spanish. Opened in 1898 and at one time the second busiest transit terminal in the world; today it is the terminal for 11,000 daily ferry commuters.

Tags: acme bread, blue bottle, boccalone salumeria, cowgirl creamery, far west fungi, ferry building marketplace, food, salumi cone, san francisco, san francisco ferry building

About cjmoore


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.