Existing Member?

The Complete Travel Journals Travelling for the easily frightened

Pointless paranoia

SINGAPORE | Monday, 28 September 2009 | Views [929]

Rereading all the travelogues I've uploaded here is making me even more excited about my upcoming trip. I've been planning for it since June, quite obsessively actually, so I really hope all goes well and nobody almost dies. Or dies. 

It'll be my first ever trip to Europe and I am so psyched. You know, throughout my planning I've been worried about that, that it's my first time there and what if I get lost or don't make enough arrangements or haven't done enough research and lose out or ruin everything.

But now, after looking back at what we went through in Cambodia and Vietnam, I don't think I should worry much at all! I've had to try and enjoy myself in places that involved constantly suppressing guilt and horror, being inundated by sights of beggars with missing limbs, poor children begging me to buy postcards so that they can go to school, dying animals.

But where I'm going next, I'll be one of the poorest people around!

And of course I probably won't have to deal with taxi drivers calling out to me and following me wherever I go, scammers at every turn or policemen demanding money for made-up reasons.

Belgium and Holland would probably be as easy to traipse around as Tokyo was, and I didn't even do much research on Tokyo before going. The only thing that would make the trip even more exciting, really, was if we had other friends joining us. I'm sure weed is just that much more fun in a group!

Tags: belgium, holland

About cisoux


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Singapore

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.