Existing Member?

Around the World in Two Years A day in the life of a backpack.

Christmas In Toronto

CANADA | Tuesday, 26 December 2006 | Views [244]

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Christmas In Toronto

Ian arrived from Australia on a blistery day and was almost shocked back onto the plane. It also didn't help that he arrived with a terrible toothache, which eventually led to a root canal by the end of the week. What a great introduction to Canada!

It was great having him in Toronto as I got to play tourist for a month doing all the novelty "winter" things I'd normally never do. We spent a day at Magic Hill farms chopping down our Christmas tree (I've always wanted to do that) going to "Desserts by Candlelight", a traditional Christmas time evening in a pioneer village, and of course Christmas party after Christmas party. One of Ian's favorites was going Ice skating at Nathan Phillip Square with my dad's 150 year old ice skates. Ian was worried he might be kicked off the ice for having skates that weren't certified to skate on!

We spent the rest of time seeing musicals, Christmas shopping, and rockclimbing. Ian, it turns out is a natural climber, doing walls that I can't even do!

After three weeks of dragging Ian around to meet my friends and family (he loved you all) and a great Christmas with mom and dad, we were sad to say "good-bye" but excited to go.

It was so great to see you all while at home! We'll keep you updated on our adventures!































Tags: Family

About cindyhowes


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.