Existing Member?

Ciaran and Ruth's Worldwide Adventures

Universal Studios

USA | Tuesday, 28 August 2007 | Views [605]

Up early, and off to sea the artifical worlds and dancing monkeys that you can only find at Universal Studios in Hollywood. The highlight was definitely the Waterworld show - a 15 minute re-enaction of the closing scenes of the massive flop of the same title.

This version, though, is amazing fun. We left the show drenched but in no doubt that it was worth it. Regardless, we were used to being wet. The Jurassic Park ride surprisingly avdertises itself as "now wetter than ever". And they ain't kidding. This ride ends with an 84 foot drop down a waterfall in the wee train.

And if you don't wee yourself, you can go to the other shows and attractions - there really is no end to it. We went to the Backdraft show, a performing animal show and a few others, as well as a tour of some sets and studios. To the disappointment of half of us, we couldn't visit the set of Desperate Housewives where next season's shows were being filmed.

Altogether bloody exhausting, but good American craic.

Tags: Sightseeing

 

About ciaranandruth


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.