Existing Member?

Ciaran and Ruth's Worldwide Adventures

All Creatures Great and Small

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 21 July 2007 | Views [418] | Comments [1]

Today we hired bicycles and took to the road, not for too far mind you, 'cause after a couple of miles we came across the Rainforest Habitat, a wildlife sanctuary located at the other end of Port Douglas. During the couple of hours there we met several interesting two legged, two winged, and four legged creatures, one of whom, a photogenic Koala Bear is shown above with Ruth (Ruth's the one on the right).

The sanctuary is a little different to others we've been to, for instance, when the sprinkler system starts you'll see a whole troop of kangaroos bouncing from one side of the park to the other. It's really quite a lively place, not populated with sleepy creatures (apart from their Koala population, those fellas wake for only four hours per day, two of which they spend eating!), but with active and friendly animals.

They say that it's better than going to the real rainforest, where you'll see nothing. We'll probably put this to the test with such a trip some day soon.

That's it. By the way, we're one month married today.

Tags: Sightseeing

 

Comments

1

Ruthie,
The nomadic life definitely suits you, you're looking great !!! Hope you're having a blast ... Sarah J. xx

  Sarah Jul 24, 2007 10:55 PM

About ciaranandruth


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.