Existing Member?

My Trip

Camp!!!

USA | Saturday, 4 July 2009 | Views [201] | Comments [2]

Hey Guys

Im so sorry i havnt really been keeping in touch much, its so crazy busy here that everyday roles into another and before i realise it ive been at camp almost 3 weeks and not bothered to write anything!!

Where to start, i arrived into camp on the 17th of june, we had a weeks orientation where we were assigned our units and then bunks, im in abbeys unit or better known as the G - unit (girls unit) but we call ourselves the g-unit because its obviously awesome, there are 9 other conusellors in my unit looking after 3 bunks of girls, im working with the youngest girls on camp.
Orientation week was pretty full on with meetings and bunk setup before the kids arrived, but was still heaps of fun, in my bunk i have 11 kids and 2 other counsellors, amelia from london and bec from mentone in australia, they are both awesome and we all actually get along really well so were a tight group of g-units.

Kids have been here for a week now and they are georgous, sometimes a little trying with tantrums and tears but mostly cute.........they are so funni and constatnly make me laugh!!

some of the stories of the things that have happened to these kids are heartbreaking but to look at them and see how much they enjoy their summer here you wouldnt know that they have all been through some horrible things!!

I had my first offical day off on tuesday so a few of us left on the monday night and went to the limerick pub in honesdale.....the local there and i was introduced to the alabama slammer.......lets just put it this way i wont be having these again soon, they are like long island ice teas except u cant taste the alcohol so they went down very well but didnt come back up as nice lol
the next day feeling as seedy as i was we went to the closest big city mall and went to the movies and did some shopping.

Most days its rained here, they arent having a great summer but never the less we get on with it!!


Im not too sure what else i can tell you, i have no concept of time or what day it is here its like your living in a bubble, like the world of summit but i absolutely love it here its just so much fun and ive met some great people!
the only thing i dont like here is the mosqitos, they are crazy and eat me alive ive never been bitten this much before in my life its crazy

2moro is 4th of july so its gonna be a big celebration and fireworks 2moro night so that should be fun and ive got some day trips planned for days off so hopefully i'll have more to write about soon!

Im missing you all like crazy and wish you were here to share the amazing experience with me!
In not gonna lie its been real difficult without you here and not being able to just pick up the phone and call like i used to.

Love you all

xoxoxoxo

p.s photos going up soon!!

Comments

1

Aww my bear is still alive! You don't understand how worried I was starting to get since no one has heard from you since you called.
Even your dad called and hadn't heard from you, that made me even more worried!!
Anywho, tell us more about what your day entails. What is the average day at Camp America like? What do you do? What's the food like? Do you get much time to hang out with the other employees or are you stuck with the kids all day & night?
tell me mooooore.
Miss you - thanks for letting us know you're OK!
Love you chicken
xoxoxo

  kamila Jul 4, 2009 2:17 PM

2

Ciara! good to hear from you! we were all starting to get worried. sounds like you are having an amazing time! so jealous. how are the kids? and the food? what time do you have to get up? im like kamila.. so many questions. we all miss yur very very much. stay in touch babe.. im going to write you a nice letter soon xoxo

  Emma Jul 6, 2009 10:49 PM

About ciaradoyle86


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.