Existing Member?

Powered Up! for the World

My Scholarship entry - Through Local Eyes

WORLDWIDE | Wednesday, 10 October 2012 | Views [394] | Scholarship Entry

I remembered my first time stepping into a Hindu temple. I was taken aback by the sights, sounds and smell. It was so different from churches that I frequent but strangely familiar too. There is always a sense of peace in a place of worship, regardless of religion. I decided to bring my cousin along to be my presenter and relate her experience of visiting a Hindu temple for the first time. Sheena is sort of clumsy but I guess that's what makes her endearing to others. People gravitate towards her and she can chat up any stranger, anywhere. I thought she would make an excellent partner since I prefer to work behind the camera. My job now is related to video production for online content. I do a lot of editing but my real passion lies in storytelling. I shoot, direct and write too. But I am far from a real filmmaker. My biggest dream is to work for National Geographic, hence this scholarship is my best bet in achieving this goal. Otherwise, I would need to swim my way to the States for a chance. I love to travel and try new things. I want to be inspired by what I experience and inspire others through my work.

About chubipower


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.