Existing Member?

Rons Rambles

The Journey

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 30 June 2013 | Views [319]

An interesting start to the day yesterday, having arrived at te airport in the morning with suffiecient time to acquire the customary McDonlds breakfast we made our way through customs to the gate where Elysa and i waited to board the plane. As i stood up to join the line my nose decieded it had plans of its own (which doesnt surprise me because it has had for the past 10 years). I had such a bad blood nose the flight had fully boarded, they were all waiting for me but i  wasnt going anywhere fast. Finally Elysa was told to go buy me a bottle of coke by a doctor to place at the back of my neck to cool me down. Eventually the bledding ceased and we boarded with out any dramas until later in the flight it all happened again!

The flight to Beijing was pretty comfortable with tv screens in the back of our chairs which we wernt going to get according to travel guru Daniel Salzmann, we didnt get the usual choice of movies like Jumungi and Twister like Con and Tracey did back in the day. We found it amusing the language barrier we faced (still on the tarmac at Melbourne airport), however this amusment soon faded when we were told we would be landing in Shanghai to clear customs them take a domestic flight to Beijing after a 2 hour delay. We eventually got to Beijing at 1.30 in the morning after leaving Melbourne at 10.30am. We had it better than the family we sat across from though, who after all of this were hopping on a flight to Gatwick airport (another 12 hour flight).

Our driver Wang picked us up at the airport, where we were was king hit the the smell and presence of the renound 'FOG'. The moon is red funnarily enough like my hair, and flood lights illuminate the roads. We arrived at Rob and Lisa's house where Wang said he'd be back in the morning to take us into Beijing where we plan on seeing Tienamen Square and the Forbidden City. The house is ridiculous and neighbours Jackie Chans house in the housing compound. Iv already dcieded to stake out his front door for a photo. Hopefully the weather is good for the rest of the week as we plan on walking the Great Wall tomorrow with a hostel group. Photo will be put up asap

About chstone


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.