Existing Member?

WWOOF Chile/Argentina

May 10

CHILE | Wednesday, 27 May 2015 | Views [188]

on sunday i got the grand tour around his property. it’s just mind-blowing how breathtaking his views are! i cant remember what he was doing, but i was left alone for a second at a swinging chair he has set up overlooking one side of the bluff (basically same view as outside kitchen window, but slight different angle). i almost started crying, getting overwhelmed with emotion about how crazy beautiful the landscape is here, and how insanely fortunate i am to be experiencing all this. we had a late and super leisurely breakfast, so by the time the walking tour was done it was already early evening. but it wasnt too late for him to take me on my first mini tour south of his house. the paved little highway he lives off turns into a dirt road barely 2 km south of his house, but construction just started last fall building a paved road connecting his highway to the next one 5 or so km south. so that was interesting to get and even more rural view of the area (the area his house is located is quite rural; he doesnt even have a mailing address here!). anyway, we made our way to a scenic spot called arcos de calan. and it was just spectacular. spent a nice amount of time walking around and watching the sunset. so it was dark by the time we were almost back to his house, and he pulled the car over to give me a view of the night sky. i was blown away!! it was clear as can be, no light pollution, and i do believe it was the first time ive ever been able to see the milky way, which stretched over our heads across the sky. he also pointed out magellan's clouds, which i hadnt even heard of before. later that night he showed me a poster he has putting our solar system, milky way, further galaxies, universe all relative to one another, so then i was really blown away to be able to see magellans clouds because of how far they are outside our galaxy. simply stunning.

 

 

Travel Answers about Chile

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.