Existing Member?

A Scotsman Travels...

Best Golf Courses in the West Midlands

UNITED KINGDOM | Monday, 31 July 2023 | Views [24]

The West Midlands may not be the first place that springs to mind when planning a golfing trip, whether just for a day or a slightly longer stay. With St Andrews in the north heralded as the birthplace of golf, English golf courses can become overlooked.
However, the west midlands has countless amazing golf courses. Here are three to consider when booking your next golfing break.


Sherwood Forest Golf Club


Sherwood Forest Golf Club, located in central Nottinghamshire is a stunning course enveloped by the incredible Sherwood Forest from which it takes its name. The course is a splendid example of the traditional British Heathland design, incorporating gorse and shades of purple heather. The course features 18 holes and stretches over an extensive 6835 yards, which makes it a championship-worthy course fit for players of all expertise. The club proudly declares their win of the ‘Tournament Venue of the Year’ award which was awarded to them during the prestigious England Golf Awards 2023. The club has hosted many tournaments in recent years, including the Brabazon Trophy 2020 and the McGregor Trophy 2022. The golf club also hosts a restaurant, clubhouse, and practice area, as well as a professional shop for anyone who wishes to treat themselves to some new equipment while visiting.


Beau Desert Golf Club


Located in the small village of Hazelslade in the north of the West Midlands lies the beautifully tranquil Beau Desert Golf Club. Camouflaged between the towering trees of the Cannock Forest, the course emits a sense of perfect isolation and tranquillity interrupted only by birdsong sound. This course also features the traditional 18-hole course in the native Heathland design which only adds to the beauty of the wild and naturalistic landscape. The club has hosted major tournaments such as England Golfs County Championships and the Open Championship in recent years and has received great reviews from visitors and critics alike. The club features a clubhouse that houses a restaurant with an extensive menu and not one but two bars to quench your thirst after a long day on the green.


The Belfry


For the perfect golf weekend, the Belfry Hotel should be on the top of any golfer's list as it can accommodate golfers of all levels, from amateur to novice. The hotel features no less than three fabulous courses, The Derby, The Brabazon, and the PGA National, all of which are equally stunning. This establishment is well known in the golfing community due to its excellence and its hosting of the prestigious Ryder Cup four times which has been held in this destination more than any other club in the world. The club also features a state-of-the-art driving range where the golfer can practice their swing and a choice of four exquisite restaurants and bars where visitors can unwind after a long day on the green. The hotel accommodates many professional golfers for weekend getaways and has everything that the party would possibly need, including a state-of-the-art gym, beautiful rooms and suites, and a
spa with a one-of-a-kind ‘Fire and Ice’ experience. It's no wonder the Belfry is one of the UK’s most sought-after golf resorts.


It’s golf o’clock!


In conclusion, the West Midlands has many great golf courses and is the perfect place for you and your party to take your next golf break due to the beauty and complexity of the courses available in this area.

Tags: beau desert, golf breaks, golf courses, golfing, sherwood forest, the belfry, uk golf

Add your comments

(If you have a travel question, get your Answers here)

In order to avoid spam on these blogs, please enter the code you see in the image. Comments identified as spam will be deleted.


About chrissilb


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.