Existing Member?

A Scotsman Travels...

Relaxing Holidays Perfect for Spring Break

UNITED KINGDOM | Monday, 27 March 2023 | Views [16]

It’s been a while since the winter break. The load of everyday life might be weighing on you, and you know it’s time for a well-deserved break.

Holidays should be relaxing, and there’s nothing more relaxing than a staycation. Not only will you save money on this kind of holiday, but you’ll avoid the stress of travel insurance, airports, and buying a new wardrobe.

Jetting abroad might be the usual for many people in the UK, but you forget all this country has to offer. Here are five ideas for relaxing holidays in the UK for your spring break.

1. Relaxing road trips

Instead of queuing for check-in, stressing over airport security, and worrying about your flight, take your time on a road trip. You can travel on your schedule, at your leisure, and take as many breaks as you want.

You can create your own road trip or take a drive around some of the predesigned routes. The North Coast 500 in Scotland has been named the best road trip in the world. This route will take you winding around Scotland’s coast – from Inverness to Applecross, then all the way to John O Groats. This route typically takes 5 to 7 days to complete, but you can take as long as you want to explore.

2. Nature getaway

However, being stuck in a car for most of the journey might not be your idea of relaxation. Instead, you might want to get back to nature, to truly detach and relax.

Finding a cottage in the countryside could be your ideal holiday. You’d be away from civilisation, everyday life, and have a real break. Plus, you could take your bike and explore the trails cars can’t travel. The Lake District is a classic destination for cyclists.

3. Luxurious resorts

A resort holiday is ideal for those looking to truly escape everyday life. You wouldn’t even have to leave the resort grounds if you didn’t want to.

Many resorts have lots of activities to keep you occupied during your stay. For example, the Belfry Hotel and Resort has a spa, golf course, and gym. You can relax at the pool, get a massage, and feel all your stress melt away.

4. Seaside holiday

This is the most popular holiday in the UK. However, many usually jet abroad to the sandy, warm beaches, forgetting the UK has plenty of these right on your doorstep.

While UK beaches may not have the same climate, they can be just as stunning. Bournemouth’s award-winning beach will make you believe you’re in Spain. You can relax on the beach or take a dip in the sea. Blow off some steam by trying some surfing or paddle boarding.

5. City breaks

You don’t have to travel to Paris to experience an incredible city. There are countless amazing cities in the UK that can provide everything from history, culture and shopping.

There’s so much variety; you’re sure to find a city with everything you want during your stay. Liverpool is an excellent destination during the spring. Not only does it have plenty of shops, but it has museums, historical locations, and plenty of beaches.

It’s time to relax

Everyone relaxes in their own way. For some people, this might be getting back to nature. For others, it could be shopping til you drop. Or, you might like more traditional relaxation like a spa day. None of these options is wrong – it’s just what you most enjoy.

With all of these suggestions, there’s only one thing left to do. Whether a road trip speaks to you or a fun city break, it’s time to book that holiday!

 

Tags: holidays, spring break, staycation, uk

About chrissilb


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.